Wednesday, August 1, 2012

IWSG Wednesday & An Interview With Julie Flanders



Happy Insecure Writer's Support Group Wednesday. Thank you again to Alex J. Cavanaugh, the creator of the group. The first Wednesday of every month is dedicated to this group of supportive writers. If it's something you're not familiar with, then please click on Alex's link above for more information and to sign up!

Interviews scare me. I've had the pleasure of doing a few now, and they're getting a little easier, but my heart pounds when I press the send button and my answers fly out of my hands. I'm grateful for them and know I need to start taking the initiative to ask for them in order to publicize my writing more. But it's not yet within my comfort zone. I can reach it, but only by sticking my hand through the fence. And with that said, I don't want to dwell on the nervousness. Instead, I'd rather embrace the excitement that someone has offered or agreed to interview me. There must be some level of interest there, right? Don't answer that. :)

As I announced on Monday, the wonderful Julie Flanders interviewed me recently and I'm so nervous excited to have you check it out. Follow the link below & enjoy!
http://www.examiner.com/article/interview-with-author-michael-pierce
Thank you, Julie. Thank you, Alex. And thank you for reading! 

16 comments:

  1. Michael - you gave really good response to that interview! It was awesome to read and a little bit touching. From that, it seemed like you have given many interview responses before. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for sharing with me, Michael! I really enjoyed interviewing you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent interview Michael! You have a lot to be shared

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might be nervous too--but you did great!

    Allison (Geek Banter)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you do quite well with the interviews. Keep it up, cause I'm sure there will be many more in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do know what you mean about interviews, although I much prefer the written interview than being interviewed live or anything like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For being nervous, you did great. It was fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It gets easier the more you do - trust me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. And sorry I couldn't leave a comment - I'm not on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clay, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thank you.

    Julie, thank you again for the interview! :)

    Heather, glad you liked it. :)

    Allison, thanks!

    Michael, I sure hope so. :)

    Susan, thank you!

    Alex, thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I understand about interviews. I don;t give many these days. I'd rather someone does a profile on me and copy and paste existing information.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great interview, Michael.

    I get interview anxiety. Before I press send I reread and rewrite answers for days, and after sending I wonder if I should have changed anything.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm doing my first interview soon, and I stressed about it for two days before sending my answers back. It's so different when you're on the other side of things.

    Great post! :)

    IWSG #179 (At least until Alex culls the list again. :P)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stephen, that's a much easier approach.

    Medeia, that's exactly how I am. Good to know I'm not alone.

    Melissa, very true. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice interview! I'd say you have nothing to be nervous about.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Better that you are being interviewed for something wonderful that you did instead of something terrible, right?
    It's not like they are asking you questions while you're being booked!
    Great post.
    If you're nervous, it doesn't show as much as you think!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Dark City kit by StarLight Designs