Wednesday, January 22, 2014

2014...Where to Begin


Well, it's been two months since my last post. It was not my intention to be absent for so long, but I had a situation at home that needed my undivided attention. All of my writing and writing related activities pretty much came to a halt during this time. I was ready to start the new year off right, but I ended up starting off the year sicker than I've been in years. It's frustrating because they feel like back-to-back setbacks, but what's two months in the grand scheme of things? A drop in the bucket. And now I'm feeling energized and excited to get back to work.

Happy 2014, everyone! Last year, I got myself off caffeine, and have remained caffeine-free all year. I think that was the first resolution I actually successfully kept. This year, I want to be more active for better health and more energy. I've started by walking for 30 minutes before work or during lunch and taking longer walks on the weekend. I'm not confining myself to a specific schedule, but just doing something regularly. I'm walking for now, but I'd like to work myself up to running. As for my writing, I will finish and release my third book, at the least (hopefully, this summer). But I'd also like to have a draft of my fourth and final book of the series written by the end of the year.

I hope 2014 is off to a good start for you. What is your number one resolution you're committed to keeping for the year? Have you written it down and placed it somewhere you can review regularly? If you have, then great job! If not, then it may be something you want to consider. The regular reinforcement can help keep you on track. Thank you for sticking with me. It feels good to finally be getting back into my routine.

9 comments:

  1. Hey Michael! Glad you are getting some exercise. I jog five times a week and it makes a big difference.
    I just want to finish my current manuscript by summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've missed you, Michael. Good luck on your goals. I try to jog five times per week but it's been so cold and icy I've been stuck with the treadmill. I hate that thing and can't wait to get back outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got back to my regular workouts and am glad I did. I gave up coffee, but still get some caffeine in my tea. I like Yerba Mate a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see a post from you again! I'm glad you're feeling energised for the new year. It seems you'll have a pretty big year :)

    I've set my goals but they're not just 2014 goals - they're just general goals I want to achieve. I'll still be striving to revise 2 of my books this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back, Michael! Glad to hear you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back, Michael! I'm glad you're feeling much better and ready to start the year. My best wishes to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to see you back. I'm so sorry you had health issues-- that must have felt very discouraging and frustrating. Nothing worse than our bodies slowing us down when we want to be going forward-- especially during the holidays. In 2013 I learned that life seldom goes as I anticipate. My plans, my space, my life were turned upside down but there have been many silver linings in the process.

    I didn't set resolutions this year, but I did set a theme and so far, I'm not doing a great job of sticking to it: Fear Not. I need to remember this when I feel overwhelmed. All the best to you in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry you had a rough start to the year but it's great to read that you are feeling better and energized again. I'm impressed that you got off caffeine, I am so addicted and I know it's not good. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back! Happy to hear you're on your feet again, and looking forward to more blog news in 2014.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Dark City kit by StarLight Designs