Wednesday, November 5, 2014

IWSG Wednesday: November Rain



Happy Insecure Writer's Support Group Wednesday. Thank you again to Alex J. Cavanaugh, the creator of the group. The first Wednesday of every month is dedicated to this group of supportive writers. If it's something you're not familiar with, then please click on Alex's link above for more information and to sign up!

I've finally begun writing again, but it's slow going. Starting is always the hardest thing for me, getting back into the rhythm of daily writing. One week would go by...then two...then three...and I'd still have nothing written down. I can now say that is no longer the case, but I'm far from a novel length. I had hoped to finish my first draft by year's end, but my schedule is shot to hell at this point. Though I'm trying not to be discouraged. I gave myself a deadline, but it isn't an end-of-the-world deadline. As long as I keep working toward my goal, I'll eventually get there.

Which leads me to my plan for finishing my YA series. I plan on releasing the last two books in quick succession. It's important to me to get this series finished so I can begin something new. I'll do some promotion once they're both ready to come out. With my current workload, I don't have the time to write and promote...my 1-2 hours a day doesn't stretch nearly as far as I'd like. It's frustrating, and even more frustrating when that frustration creeps into my writing time and undermines my productivity. All I can do is try to do better tomorrow. Tomorrow is another chance with a clean slate.

Well, it is November and I know many of you have begun your NaNo projects. 50,000 words in a month is my Everest! One day I'll reach it. Good luck to all of you taking the challenge. I'll continue plugging away to increase my word count and trying not to get distracted by too many holiday treats.




5 comments:

  1. Fortunately you can set your own timetable for your releases.
    Putting the last two books out close to each other is a good idea. You'll have more momentum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time is definitely a limited resource for most writers so I hear you on that.

    I like your post title- reminded me of that old Guns N' Roses song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you have a great plan and a good attitude. It's always difficult to go back after a long break, but just keep at it and eventually you'll be back in the groove. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael! My birthday buddy! I miss you!!!

    I've been in a dry spell myself… really been struggling to find motivation to write. I think it's going to get better though. I hope. So I get it. I soooo get it. Keep pushing. HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems like forever I've been by here. Apologies! Not that it's an excuse, but blogging has definitely taken the bumper while I've been revising. I'm sure you understand. :) Well, I just posted December's IWSG post and saw you commented back in November! Wishing you all the best with your writing, Michael!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Dark City kit by StarLight Designs