Wednesday, June 3, 2015

IWSG Wednesday: Introducing Le7el



Happy Insecure Writer's Support Group Wednesday. Thank you again to Alex J. Cavanaugh, the creator of the group. The first Wednesday of every month is dedicated to this group of supportive writers. If it's something you're not familiar with, then please click on Alex's link above for more information and to sign up!

I am elbows deep in revisions. I have more work than I originally thought, but I'm excited for the final products. An idea came to me a few weeks ago and I'm running with it. I had been concerned that SUSY Asylum was so much longer than the other books in the series. I had thought of splitting it into two books for a while, but didn't know how...until I explored the idea of splitting it into one novel and one novella. I didn't know if it would work until I began reorganizing the story and I think it's working quite nicely. Now I'm  not so worried about cutting. I'm actually having to write a few more chapters to fill in some newly created gaps.

So the new novella will be titled Le7el, Book 1.5 in the Lorne Family Vault. I don't want to deceive people that have already read the first edition of SUSY Asylum, but since I didn't promote it much, I don't believe it was read by many people. So I'm not worried about angering a whole lot of readers. Ultimately, I think this is a good decision for the series. It's creating more work for me right now, but I think it'll be worth it in the end.

As I get back to work, I want to share what I've been listening to while writing this post. Florence + The Machine's new album came out today (still Tuesday as I'm writing), "How Big How Blue How Beautiful." Their albums create such great mood music for my writing. I'm not too familiar with this new album yet, but the song Delilah caught my attention immediately. Florence + The Machine never disappoints. Enjoy!


6 comments:

  1. Clever idea! I know a lot of authors who have offered novellas in between the novels. I don't think splitting it up now will anger anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cool. So, how do you pronounce Le7el?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your revisions and I'm glad you figured out how to make it work. I like the name Le7el. It sticks with you.

    ~Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine (Cohost for June)~
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're in good company to offer novellas between full books. But I don't know how anyone can write while listening to good music. I end up staying all night listening. And is it Lesevenel?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like your muse is going full steam ahead! Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! I just would like to give a huge thumbs up for the great info you have here on this post. I will be coming back to your blog for more soon.
    simcity buildit hack android

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Dark City kit by StarLight Designs