Wednesday, December 2, 2015

IWSG Wednesday: Traveling to a New Home



Happy Insecure Writer's Support Group Wednesday. Thank you again to Alex J. Cavanaugh, the creator of the group. The first Wednesday of every month is dedicated to this group of supportive writers. If it's something you're not familiar with, then please click on Alex's link above for more information and to sign up!

***Going forward, I will be posting from my new Wordpress site: michaelpierceauthor.com. This post will also be the first post on that new site, so feel free to leave a comment on either one (they will basically be the same).***

The year has gone by so fast and it’s showing no sign of slowing down. I had a nice and quiet Thanksgiving holiday, but even with it being quiet, the long weekend seems like a blur. I haven’t gotten as much done as I had hoped, which seems to be the complaint of every holiday season. All I can do is take what baby steps I can to keep moving forward.

As far as the Lorne Family Vault series is concerned, the revised editions of the first three books are available now on Amazon: Provex City, Le7el, and SUSY Asylum. I’m also giving away the first two books for signing up to my mailing list. The fourth book, Doria Falls, will be released on December 11th. I don’t have a release date yet for the final book in the series, Archanum Manor, but it will most likely be early February.

With the Lorne Family Vault series practically finished, I had wanted to start writing my new novel this week, but I don’t feel confident enough in the outline I have thus far. It’s coming along, but not at the place I’d hoped it would be at this point. The main resources I’m using for outlining and pre-production are: Write Better Faster, Story Engineering, The Story Grid, and the Dan Wells 7-Point Story Structure videos. I read through twice as many books on story structure and outlining, but the above mentioned books (and videos) are the ones I got the most out of. The structures are similar and easy to adapt and combine to make the story you want to tell the best it can be. Hopefully, the rest of my planning will come together soon so I can start writing in the next few weeks.

As I mentioned above, this will be last post for this site as I transition over to the new site HERE. It’s been a great learning experience on the Blogger platform. I still don’t feel fully comfortable using Wordpress, but I’m sure all will be fine with time. So this isn’t goodbye, but the start to a new chapter—one I’m very excited to write.

I hope your Thanksgiving was full of fun and fantastic food. Christmas is only a few blinks away. My family and I put up our Christmas decorations over the weekend and I bought my first eggnog latte of the season. I love this time of year now that I don’t work in retail anymore. I have a lot of writing goals on my list, but enjoying this time with friends and family is equally (if not more) important. Find your story, find your balance, and find your Christmas cheer.

4 comments:

  1. هل تبحث عن شركة متخصصة فى مكافحة الحشرات نحن نقدم لكم افضل شركة مكافحة حشرات فى الدمام كما انه تقدم خدمة متميزة ايضا وهى تنظيف المنازل والمجالس والفلل والقصور وسبب تقديم هذه الخدم انه تهتم بالاناقة والمنظر الخلاب والصحة العامة خدمات شركتنا كاتالى شركة تنظيف منازل بالدمام
    شركة ركن الاندلس من افضل الشركات التى لها باع طويل فى مجال الخدمات المنزلية ولانه افضل شركة متخصصة نقدم لكم اليوم بعض من خدمتنا المميزة مثل شركة تنظيف بالقصيم
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بالقصيم
    شركة تنظيف مجالس بالقصيم
    شركة نقل عفش بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف بالرياض
    شركة تسليك مجارى بالرياض
    شركة نقل عفش بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are energizing reasons. Yet, there are more profound explanations behind traveling that have less to do with what we do when we travel, and more to do with what traveling does to us. These five arrangements of changes to ourselves are at the core of what makes travel so convincing.tiny travel trailers for sale

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a sound medium to cost and genuine extravagance that will leave the traveler all around stood to the best open doors get-away can offer.hotels in pittsburg ks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unquestionably, the decision of the lofts is very alluring in value, bringing down the cost enough while sorting out trek, regardless of whether business or occasion. This type of convenience is useful for your excursion, since you have the opportunity to sort out everything all alone, which gives better chance to take in more about the truth of the place you visit and interface with nearby individuals, similar to when we go to a store for shopping.hotels in centerville ia 52544

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Dark City kit by StarLight Designs