Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Game of Thrones is Back with a Vengence


I just watched the newly released Game of Thrones trailer this morning and was giddy by the end of it (the 15-minute behind the scenes of Season 4 that came out last week was also exciting)--little kid at Christmastime giddy. I'm so looking forward to what they do with the second half of Storm of Swords. Besides the stunning visuals in the trailer, the song gives it extra emotion and fits very well with the title track. It's cover of a Siouxsie & the Banshees song called "Cities in Dust," by the band The Everlove.

I just finished reading the fourth book in the series, A Feast for Crows, and I can now understand all the negative reviews. I love the world and characters Martin has created, but the book was 90% setup, or filler (it's hard to say at this point). The events of Books 4 and 5 are happening simultaneously, and Martin split the POV characters between the two books. That was a gutsy move, and I didn't mind it so much. I just wish the story felt like it was progressing.

Since A Dance with Dragons (Book 5) is 49 hours long listening to it on audiobook, I'm going to hold off for a little while. It won't be relevant until Season 5 and the 6th book most likely won't be out until 2016, so I think I've got a little time. For now, I can't wait for Season 4 to begin in April. So enjoy the trailer, and if you haven't watched the first three seasons, it's a good time to catch up!

6 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to it as well, even though I've never read the books. Think that much filler and set up would frustrate me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm like a kid at Christmas too, absolutely can not wait. I've read all the books and I feel sure this will be the best season yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait either. My four kids and I will be glued and then call each other to talk about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The trailer is awesome.

    Yeah, I didn't like book 4, except for the Arya and can't remember her name - the gal w/ Jamie. It didn't move forward enough and introduced too many people I didn't give a darn about. I confess to skipping a lot of chapters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I reeeaaally need to get on board and start watching this show. ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Dark City kit by StarLight Designs