Friday, January 27, 2012

The Start

Everyone has to start somewhere and I'm starting here.

I will use this blog to generate buzz and excitement around my first novel, Provex City. I originally wrote it about two years ago and spent way too long editing and submitting, re-editing and resubmitting. I even changed the title and resubmitted to the same agents (which I know is a major no-no) hoping my massive edits would make it sound like a completely new story. It was previously titled Shroud Lifted. I liked that title, but I like Provex City more. No one was fooled. I was given the opportunity to submit several partial drafts, but that was where my road to getting an agent came to a screeching halt. It's hard not to take submission rejection as personal rejection. I stressed about it for a long time. But it's time to stop stessing. It's time to take action.

I don't blame any agent for rejecting my submission (or submissions). I admit many of them were not very good. Many were sent out before they were ready. But I'm ready now. As Anthony Robbins would say, use your personal power and take action. This is me taking action--not quitting--taking control. I'm not going to do everything right, but I'm going to do everything I can to follow a dream. And that dream is to have one million people read Provex City. Is that too much to ask? Is that so unreasonable? Maybe I've been too reasonable in my life and it's time to become unreasonable. That dream is now out in the universe to set into motion the events necessary to make it a reality. Thank you in advance for what right now may seem unreasonable, but certainly not impossible. (And when I reach one million, I'm shooting for ten million.)

I am taking the fate and future of Provex City into my own hands by putting it up on Amazon and Barnes&Noble.com myself (in ebook format for now, which seems to be the future). I am excited and terrified by the creative control. The cover art I had created for me can now be used. I don't have to worry about a publisher changing the title. And I can now confidently say that Provex City will be one of four books, the first book in the Lorne Family Vault Series. Like it? It's been in my head for two years now and I can finally tell someone other than my wife.

This has become a long first post. I'll wait until later to dive more into Provex City, the future of the series, and little tid-bits and anecdotes about myself. So I'll sign-off here. Thank you for reading. I hope I've peaked your interest. And I hope you come back and visit me again soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Dark City kit by StarLight Designs