Saturday, January 28, 2012

Who Cares About The New Guy?

That's a big fear starting out. Who cares about me and what I have to say? That's probably why I've waited so long to get this blog started. I procrastinated a lot. I procrastinated with my website and with Facebook, too. I am more of a solitary person, which is one of the reasons I like to write. It's an intimate experience.

That was one of the advantages I was focused on with getting an agent, someone to do the talking for me. Someone to talk me up because I don't like talking about myself. But like Howard Stern discussed with his wife in Private Parts, he had to get personal, really let people in. That's what I'll attempt to do here because I don't have someone to talk on my behalf. Who knew writers also had to be salesmen?

So who cares about the new guy? Not many people yet. But it's okay. I won't be the new guy forever. One day someone reading this post with be the new guy and I'll say that wherever you're at is a great place to start. Welcome, new guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Dark City kit by StarLight Designs