Monday, March 18, 2013

Top 10 Movie Countdown Blogfest!





Thank you to Captain Alex Cavanaugh for hosting this blogfest! And be sure to go to his blog for the full list of participants.

There are just too many movies to chose from, but I narrowed them down to the ten movie covers below (in no particular order). These are not movies that I necessary think are the best movies of all time, but movies that I can and have watched over and over, having become staples in my movie collection. Hopefully, you've enjoyed a few of these as well. I also want to mention two honorable mentions, Good Will Hunting (I couldn't bring myself to knock off one of the movies below, but it's right up there nonetheless) and Silver Lining's Playbook (which I've only seen once, so it can't officially be on the list, but I loved it so much that I know it'll make its way onto the list in the coming years).

Also, I love Harry Potter, and most of the movies deserve a place on my favorites list, but I didn't want to use up six or seven spots on Harry Potter. So Goblet of Fire represents the series as a whole.


18 comments:

  1. Donnie Darko! Such a brilliant film. And can't go wrong with any of the Batman flicks.
    Thanks for participating in my blogfest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I'd be the only one who listed "Animal House"- I'm so glad to see that you listed it too!

    The Batman movies are all awesome too. I'm just a little partial to Wolverine and the X-men series, a little bit more, lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Animal House... is never over, over did you say over...

    Jeremy [Retro-Z]
    Howlin' Wolf

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are some really great choices. Though I have to admit that I have never seen Animal House.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SPACEBALLS! That was a hilarious film. So many great lines in that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Following from the Top Ten Movie Countdown Blogfest.

    Animal House...what a fun movie. I love Bluto's "get 'er done" speech towards the end. Proves you should never judge a book by its cover. Wait, is that ok to say amongst a group of writers? :p

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vanilla Sky is something I can get on board with. Love the quote about turning your life around.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice picks here, Michael. Spaceballs and Almost Famous are great movies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. is it bad of me to say that the only one I watched from this list is Harry Potter? :P

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can never get enough of Mel Brooks movies. It's sad they stopped at Men in Tights. Awesome list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. great picks! Vanilla SKy gave me a migraine for soem reason.
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've got a couple good ones!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ha, I forgot about Spaceballs!

    Allison (Geek Banter)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great list, Braveheart and Animal House sure are favs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, great list...I now want to watch Donnie Darko and I love Mel Brooks :D lol Spaceballs-oh, the memories~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great choices. Animal House is in a class of its own.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great list! I haven't seen them all but I LOVED Spaceballs, Almost Famous, Harry Potter, The Dark Knight, Vanilla Sky and Donnie Darko. I had forgotten all about Vanilla Sky till I saw it in your list, but I remember loving it and I think I wanted to buy the soundtrack too. Haven't yet...

    ReplyDelete
  18. The only two I've seen of your list is "Harry Potter" and "Braveheart" sadly. But they did provide pop culture with some amazing quotes. :3

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Dark City kit by StarLight Designs