Saturday, March 3, 2012

Slow and Steady, Steady and Slow

The blog hop was a lot of fun and now it's back to my regular routine for awhile. I've already signed up for a few more, so like a vacation, I've got things to look forward to. I've also joined the Insecure Writer's Support Group and looking into joining the A to Z April Blogging Challenge. It's fun finding these things while surfing through other blogs. It feels like that old game/show Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego. One link leads me to another, and then another, and I keep picking up clues--tips, groups to join, and people to meet. It is quite the virtual adventure.

Yesterday I reached 50,000 words on my second book on the Lorne Family Vault Series. I don't have a lot of time to write with my long days at work and a six-week-old baby at home, but I'm feeling good about the routine I've gotten into over the past month. I'm excited about the progress I'm making, even though it's slow--slow and steady wins the race in the end. It's a lot better than spending my time stressing about how I have no time to write, time spent stressing instead of writing. I'm excited to get a draft finished so I can have someone read it. With Provex City, I let my wife read each chapter as I finished it. I started the second book that way, but stopped it a few chapters in. I really want her to read it, so it is another way of keeping me motivated to stay focused and write faster.

Provex City is coming along. The paperback design with Createspace is going well, but just takes time. Hopefully, it should be ready in 6 weeks or so. The ebook will hopefully be ready much sooner than that. I've just been having complications with the company I'm going through to format it. I paid them to format the ebook and it seems like I'm having to reformat everything myself to get it to look the way I want it to. I wanted to have it ready this weekend, which isn't happening, but I am actively working on it. As long as I'm making progress, then I have something to be thankful for. Slow and steady, right? Right. It's time for more coffee.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the A to Z Challenge. Its great fun. I'm up at 4am typing this because we have an eight week old foster son who wants to eat too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, Ron! The young ones are challenging, but oh so rewarding. I'm looking forward to the A to Z Challenge because it'll be like nothing I've ever done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you're having issues with your book's formatting!
    Glad you're on board for the Challenge and thanks for joining the IWSG. Both are awesome and full of really supportive people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comment, Alex! I'm excited to participate and thank you for welcoming me. I can't wait to read through some posts on Wednesday for some refreshing inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Dark City kit by StarLight Designs