Monday, June 4, 2012

The Start of an Eventful Week!

I hope you all had a fun weekend. I had the opportunity to see American Idiot: The Musical and it was freakin' awesome! If you appreciate the American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown albums, then I know you'll like it,too. The playlist was practically perfect. The only song I was really missing was "Restless Heart Syndrome" from 21st Century Breakdown. There were also a few songs from b-sides that I hadn't heard before. The song I loved was "When It's Time," which had the intro guitar-work of "When September Ends."

The Show has a parental advisory for language, drug use, and sexual situations. If that doesn't offend you, then I very much recommend it. The story follows the lives of three friends in modern suburbia looking for fun and excitement, meaning and purpose, and shows how their lives are ultimately affected by the choices they make. It is powerfully presented and the rearranged music is almost as good as being at a Green day concert. I want to see it again!

I'd like to highlight my good friend James Anderson (that's Mr. Anderson to you!), who has finally decided to jump into the ocean waters of blogging with both feet. He got his blog officially up and running last week and it's off to a great start. He is a professional editor by day and ready to get his fiction career started. His blog will discuss technology, entertainment, writing from an editor's perspective, and will share Friday flash fiction. Please help me in welcoming James to the blogosphere, click HERE to pay him a visit, and don't be shy about following a newbie blogger and a new member of the Insecure Writer's Support Group! :)

Since I mentioned IWSG, I will be posting mine a little early, Tuesday night, because I am participating in a blog hop giveaway starting Wednesday afternoon that goes though next Wednesday: 2012 Debut Author Blog Hop Giveaway! I'm so excited because I have the opportunity to give away a few SIGNED copies of Michael Offutt's debut novel, Slipstream. Some of you may know him....okay, most of you. :) Please enter to win!

On Friday, I will be over at Alex Cavanaugh's blog for my first ever guest post! I hope it's well received. No pressure. So, I won't have a Friday Flash Fiction this week. Sorry, but it will return next week (hopefully with a cool new graphic thanks to James).

Also on Friday (or starting Friday rather), the Kindle edition of Provex City will be free on Amazon! The free promotion will continue through Sunday. Please take the opportunity to download Provex City for the low, low price of FREE! Tell your friends. Harass your family. Tweet, post, recommend, shout from the roof tops! They all must go. :)

19 comments:

  1. I LOVED American Idiot the album, but have not been fortunate enough to see the musical as yet. This is one of those times where I miss my college job of working at the Blackstone Theater. I used to get tix to all the hot shows and knew what was playing at every theater.

    Congrats on the guest post, I will for sure check it out. And I'm on my way to welcome James, er Mr. Anderson. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One heck of a week coming up!
    Haven't seen the play although I did see Green Day's American Idiot tour.
    Will visit Mr. Anderson.
    And your post Friday will rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, Thanks! That sounded like an awesome job. :)

    Alex, thank you! They are so amazing in concert.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you do have quite a week!! I'm jealous that you saw American Idiot, I LOVE that album and love Green Day.

    I will head over to James' blog now, it's always great to meet a new blogger. And look forward to your guest post on Friday, I'm sure it will be a big success. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo! Lots of exciting news. Already visited James's blog as he followed me first. Looking forward to your guest post!

    Allison (Geek Banter)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be very happy to download Provex City and help spread the word about it being free! (I may need a reminder though! Will you create a Facebook event?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait for ISWG. I have so much to vent. Whew!

    On another note, have you considered putting a few chapters of Provex City on Wattpad to gain fan interest? Just a thought. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I dropped by James' blog and I'm following him.

    That musical sounds awesome. I love Green Day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a lot of stuff going on in the next week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow free is one of my favorite words, Thanks Michael!! Good luck with your extremely busy week. I will be checking it out :)

    BTW there is an award for you on my blog, feel free to stop by sometime to pick it up!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the mention Mike.

    I can't believe we didn't talk about this show before you went. Now I totally want to go.

    That's cool of you to give your book away. To everyone out there, it is a great book. I can't wait for the next in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for volunteering to help moderate Knights of the Round Table Review group!!!

    I will check out our new blogging friend, and I'll check out your first guest post at Alex's on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Julie, thank you and thanks for checking out James's blog. :)

    Allison, thanks so much! :)

    Rachel, I've never created a Facebook event, but now's a good time to learn how. I will!

    Mina, I've never heard of Wattpad, but I'll check it out. There are a few chapters up on Amazon and my blog. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

    Medeia, thanks for checking out James's blog. If you love Green Day, then you'll love the show!

    Eagle, indeed! But busy is good.

    Andrea, thanks so much for the award!

    James, sorry, I didn't really think about it until this weekend, then I was blown away!

    Ciara, thanks so much! I'm so thrilled to be working with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't wait to see you on Alex's blog and Michael, I LOVE GREEN DAY. I had no idea that this musical was out there. I must watch it now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck as a guest blogger over at Alex's blog! Way to start big! And best wishes with your promo this weekend of Provex City.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd love to see that show! It sounds like an awesome concept.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Michael, then this show is for you. :)

    Stephen, thanks so much! I'm starting at the top.

    Annalisa, It was like no other musical I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would love to see American Idiot: The Musical! The music is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't stopped by here in a while. Wow! You've really got a lot going on. That's super. I'll be putting Friday on the calendar to download your book. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Dark City kit by StarLight Designs