Monday, July 30, 2012

Monday Musings: Olympic Blog Relay & Happenings


Today I have the privilege of guest posting on  Nicole Singer's Blog: Write Me A World for her Olympic Blog Relay: Ignite the Fire.

Have you been watching the Olympics this past weekend? I've caught bits and pieces in between all the work I have to do around the house on weekends. These athletes are so motivational. I hope you enjoy my guest post and find some inspiration to do something you may have been putting off that you know will get you closer to your goals.

Thanks, Nicole! She has an impressive list of guest bloggers over the next two weeks, so be sure to check them out. Here's who you can expect to see:
Holy crap, I'm the first guest post! No pressure.

This Week in Happenings

I had my first live interview about a week ago and it got posted as a podcast over the weekend. Check it out at Vic Caswell and Emily White's blog: Pod People - YA Lit & Loving It. I was so nervous to do the phone interview, I'm not going to lie. But it's great practice for the future. Thank you, Vic & Emily for the interview!

Provex City received a wonderful review from Laura McQuillen @ Kick Back & Review! I get giddy with each new good review that comes back. Thanks, Laura!

Wednesday is the first Wednesday of the month, which means it's time for the Insecure Writer's Support Group. Also, I have an interview with Julie Flanders @ What Else is Possible? for her Books Column talking all about Provex City...with a slight mention of SUSY Asylum. Don't worry, I'll remind you on Wednesday. :) Thanks, Julie!

On Friday, I will be posting my third Flash Review. I had the opportunity to receive an ARC of Amy Saia's YA novel The Soul Seekers. And Amy will be here to answer a few questions of mine. Put The Souls Seekers on your Goodreads TBR list and check out Amy's blog!

Also on Friday, I will be at the SCBWI Summer Conference in Los Angeles. I had the pleasure of going two years ago and it was amazing. I can't wait! And the Hyatt Regency, only a few miles from Beverly Hills, isn't a shabby place to stay.

How was your weekend?


16 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about dropping out of RWA and joining SCBWI. Thoughts?
    Enjoy the conference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your blog design! Sounds like you're going to be super busy:)
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you're busy this week! Lots going on.

    Off to check out the posts you mentioned. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Busy, busy, Michael. Hope you have fun at the conference.

    I've caught some olympics. So far, I've only seen swimming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the great review. Provex City is on my Kindle. I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you got time to eat this week?

    YVONNE.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great guest post! You've got a lot going on!!! Have fun at the conference

    ReplyDelete
  8. I envy you going to a conference. I haven't made it to one for the last two years. I'm going to change that in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Michael!! You got us off to a great start for the blog relay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alex, indeed!

    Ciara, I love the conferences. That's all I can speak to at this point. I should join one of the local groups.

    Nutschell, thank you!

    Eagle, thanks!

    Mary, I love listening to the keynote speakers.

    Carol, thanks so much!

    Yvonne, only if I'm multitasking. :)

    Heather, thanks, I plan to!

    Susan, that's a great plan!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nicole, Thanks again for having me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the info about the blog relay! This is the first I've heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Me watching the Olympics: OMG that thing he did on the uneven bars made me crap my pants. It was amazing. I've never seen anything so good.

    Announcer: Pretty disappointing, and he'll probably be hating on himself later having blown yet another chance at a medal.

    Yeah I'm watching. IT's the only time I ever watch these weird sports. I'm forty and still have no idea why badmitten is so big in some places.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm listening to the interview now. Way to go, Michael! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Emily, it's going to be a good time!

    Michael, that's hilarious. The worst Olympian is still going to be better at what they do than anyone I'll probably ever know.

    Carrie, thanks so much! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Dark City kit by StarLight Designs