Wednesday, May 30, 2012

WoW: Highlighting Traitor and NA Alley

I hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend! If it wasn't a holiday weekend where you live, then I hope you still had time to spend with friends and family. It was a nice one here in Southern California, not too hot, not too cold, just right for walking to the park near my home with the little one. What about you?

Highlighting other Writers

I found Rachel Morgan over the long weekend and saw that she had released the third installment in her Creepy Hollow novelette series, Traitor.
Violet and Nate may have escaped the labyrinth, but only one of them came out unscathed. Nate is now the bearer of a mysterious eye-shaped tattoo, a mark he has no memory of receiving. While Vi is intent on discovering the meaning of the tattoo, Nate seems less interested. His experience in the labyrinth has caused recurring nightmares, and he’d prefer to pretend none of it ever happened. But Vi has never been one to let a mystery go unsolved, and she’ll do whatever she can to discover who’s behind the tattoo—even if it means leaving Nate out of her plan.
                                                                                 - Amazon Description

If you're like me, since I'm new to Rachel's writing, you may have to start from the beginning, but I don't think she'll mind. Check it out for yourself and pay Rachel a visit on her blog!

The other blog I found highly interesting over the weekend was NA Alley. It is run by seven bloggers spreading the awareness of a genre still in its infancy called NA, or New Adult, fitting between YA and Adult. I had never heard of it before, but it makes sense. The college years usually just get lumped into adult fiction, but NA gives them a place all their own. It's fascinating and I'm thrilled to have found it. Pay NA Alley a visit, don't fret about the pickpockets, and join the discussion!


Provex City News


Have you heard of the 2012 Debut Author Challenge? It's a blogfest challenge to read 12 YA or MG books that have been published (or self-published) this year by debut authors and review them on your blog and Goodreads.

Hey, I'm a debut author with a YA book available! I can be a participant and a promoter. *devious grin* So I'm working on getting Provex City promoted in the challenge. I added it to the official Goodreads list--though I'm not really sure if I was supposed to do that myself. I emailed the moderator, but haven't yet gotten a reply. Hopefully, this challenge can help Provex City get a few more reviews!

Any interesting Memorial Day weekend stories? Have you checked out Traitor or at least visited Rachel's blog? How about NA Alley--ready to join the charge? Are you up for the 2012 Debut Author Challenge? There just so happens to be one more day to sign up!

22 comments:

  1. I have a Memorial Day memory....it was last year and happened to be in Washington DC, It was an awesome day, plenty going on and we got to go to Arlinton Cematary,
    seeing the rows of flags for the soldiers brought it home what your Memorial Day was all about.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Debut Author Challenge sounds like a great idea! Hope your book is added. I have Rachel's books just haven't read them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NA Alley looks like a great blog. Good luck with your book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yvonne, that sounds like a memorable trip. :)

    Alex, fingers crossed, I feel lucky I found it.

    Heather, thanks, NA gets some in depth comments. It's a great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm jealous that you get to live in Southern California. I dream of being able to live in the land of oranges and sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Michael! I'm exhausted from the weekend! I totally follow NA Alley. In fact, I'm heading there now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rachel Morgan's blog sounds very interesting, I'll check it out! Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

    Here in coastal Ct it was a HOT Memorial Day, but we had fun in the pool and what can be better than that, right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for mentioning NA Alley, Michael! :) I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the shoutout about NA Alley! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Michael, the weather's great...but we pay for it.

    Mina, great! I'll see you there. :)

    Gina, an afternoon in the pool sounds perfect.

    Carrie, my pleasure. I love what you ladies are doing. :)

    Juliana, absolutely, thanks for the visit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the NA Alley shout out! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had one of Rachel Morgan's books spot lighted once not too long ago. I think it was Guardian. I'll have to revisit her blog and her books. And thanks for stopping by tonight and saying hello.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jaycee, sure thing, thanks for the visit and for following! :)

    Stephen, I need to start with Guardian. Thanks for the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the shout-out, Stephen! I know NA Alley and think it's a fantastic idea to have started that blog to spread the word about this category of fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the NA Alley shout out, Michael! Happy to find your blog and follow you :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Not a holiday weekend for us but amazing weather. We went to the playground too. Got a long weekend coming up now for the Queen's Jubilee, but as is typical for the UK, the weather has taken a downturn...

    I'm following Rachel. I think she's a great example of doing e-publishing with style. Not too in-your-face with promotion, but I've seen some interesting posts from her about it on various blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Michael, glad I stopped by. There are some links here I'll be checking out. Thanks for dropping in on me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm a follower at NA Alley, which I think is an awesome idea for a blog.

    I love Rachel Morgan's Creepy Hollow series, although I haven't had a chance to read TRAITOR yet.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm a long-time follower of Rachel's blog and read the first book in the Creepy Hollow series. :)

    So, that's what the 2012 Debut Author Challenge is all about! I'd been wondering, since I'd noticed links/images about it throughout the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for sharing these news tidbits! Always interesting to see what's going on with fellow writers.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Rachel, definitely! thanks for the visit. :)

    Victoria, thanks for the visit and the follow! :)

    Nick, I'm glad I found her. I can learn a lot.

    JL, well, thanks for stopping by here, too. :)

    Cherie, that's awesome.

    Eagle, it's on my list now.

    Nicole, of course, just trying to be helpful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for the update on the author challenge, I love blogfests!

    The excerpt from Rachel Morgan was really good, I need to check her out :)

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Dark City kit by StarLight Designs