Wednesday, May 9, 2012

WoW: Silly Hats & Caps Goes to Provex City

This is my first Wednesday on Writing post, and I'd like to start off posting about Provex City's exciting opportunity to participate in charity events! Allow me to introduce you to a wonderful group that I recently had the privilege of being introduced to myself: Silly Hats & Caps.

Silly Hats & Caps is a group of advocates for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, focused on increasing awareness of Type 1 Diabetes and raising money for increased research on finding a cure. They organize a few charity events a year in the Orange County, CA area.

The Silly Hats & Caps Mission:
We are trying to make a difference while having fun. Chatting, laughing and finding a cure for Diabetes!
I was approached and met with two of their members, Jan and Bob, and talked over coffee. They told me about their group, the increasing instances of juvenile diabetes, and the events they organize to raise money for additional research. Jan also expressed her excitement for my novel, Provex City, and wondered if I'd be interesting in donating copies for prizes in their events.

I absolutely want to help, and I'd like to bring increased awareness to their group for all the good they're doing. You can find out more information on them plus updates on their events at their Facebook page (and if you like what you see, don't be afraid to hit the Like Button!):
http://www.facebook.com/SillyHatsandCaps
Thank you, Jan & Bob and to the rest of the Silly Hats & Caps clan for using Provex City in your upcoming events. Keep up the great work! My hat is off to you.
  

14 comments:

  1. Hi! Micheal Pierce...
    This sounds like a great cause and I have to check-out your book "Provex City" too!

    Tks, for sharing the post and the info[rmation]
    deedee ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate that you took part in this; My brother has a diabete ( type 1) since he was 10years old and even if they is some progress so much is left to find so thanks you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for a wonderful post, will have to check it out.

    Have a good day.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deedee, they're doing important work and please do. :)

    Miki, thank you for sharing. I'm just glad I could help a little bit, and I hope to be able to do more.

    Yvonne, please do.

    Alex, thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great cause! Way to go, you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It must feel wonderful to be able to promote your book and such a good cause at the exact same time! Congrats on finding such a great team to work with and best of luck raising awareness for The Silly Hats and Caps mission :)

    ~ Rhonda Parrish

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...and now I realise that first sentence I left could sound catty or sarcastic.

    It wasn't.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome! Silly Hats & Caps is obviously a wonderful organization (with an excellent name to boot) and you must be very proud to be able to partner with them on this. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nicole, that it is. I think it's important to give back. :)

    Rhonda, thanks so much!

    Julie, yeah, the name is great, and thanks for the tweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds like a worthwhile and good project to be involved with. It must be cool to have a YA book that you can tie into the good you're helping to do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. JL, thanks so much for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Dark City kit by StarLight Designs