Sunday, April 1, 2012

April 1st! The A - Z Challenge Begins! "A" is for Amazon

It has arrived, the A-Z blogging challenge. And I am not prepared! Haha. This is my first blogging challenge like this, so bare with me. I'll hopefully get it down by the end of the month.

For "A" I'm going to write about Amazon (the website, not the rainforest). I think Amazon is headed for world domination. They have and do everything! They are like Massive Dynamic in Fringe. I'm sure they're involved in multi-dimensional business and conspiracies, and have employees with many levels of clearance. What secrets hide behind their upper level doors!

I discovered the joys of shopping on Amazon a few years ago, and now I get almost everything on it. Anything I need is shipped directly to me, usually without any shipping charges. I am partially responsible for the downfall of record and book stores. I am one of those shoppers who goes to the stores to look around, finds what I want, and goes home to order it on Amazon. Sorry. But their prices just can't be beat for a great many things.

And now I have a book up on Amazon. It's crazy! Right now, Provex City is available for Kindle. And soon it will be out in paperback through Createspace...another Amazon company! Then there's AmazonEncore, their own publishing company, and their growing list of niche market imprints. They are changing the world of publishing, which I don't have the space right now to even get into.

Thank you, Amazon, for saving me so much money over the past few years and helping me get my first novel out to the world. Amazon has changed my life in a great way!

12 comments:

  1. Liking the Fringe reference :) Amazon is pretty awesome, and its true their prices are hard to beat!

    Allison (Geek Banter)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great first post Michael, I also have two books on Amazon also have bought many others there.
    Good luck with the challenge.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've long been an Amazon fan, though I'm a little less enthusiastic after my lightly used kindle died in about 14 mos, just late enough to be outside the warranty. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey with all this publicity you have given them, could you be one of those undercover ops you described above!

    I also have a book for sale there too, but they are trying to monopolise the market and whether this is a good thing or not,I will wait to find out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a secret agent for Amazon. I wish! I have no clearance level. Haha.

      Delete
  5. Amazon has been the pioneer, and is now almost the all-powerful :)

    Look forward to your challenge posts!

    Twitter: @AprilA2Z
    #atozchallenge

    ---Damyanti, Co-host A to Z Challenge April 2012

    ReplyDelete
  6. As long as there are some competitors, Amazon will reign. I wonder if Kindle Select will actually knock out the competition once and for all. What kind of Emperor will Amazon be then? If they are smart, they will continue as they are now. If not, they could be de-throned by another up-and-coming.

    We support Amazon and hopefully will continue to do so for many years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dogs are terrific and I plan to write about them when we get to the D letter. Meanwhile congratulations on being a published author. An idea. . .write a YA novel featuring a kid with autism.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion. And D is coming up!

      Delete

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Dark City kit by StarLight Designs