Thursday, April 19, 2012

"Q" is for Quotes

I am at a loss for words today, so I'd like to allow some truly profound and remarkable people speak on my behalf:

“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
― Dr. Seuss

 “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
― Albert Einstein

 “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
― Oscar Wilde

 “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”
― Mahatma Gandhi

 “In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.”
― Robert Frost

 “Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.”
― Albert Camus

 “Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
― Albert Einstein

 “I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
― Oscar Wilde

 “Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
― Martin Luther King Jr., A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches 

 “If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire 

 “Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.”
― John Lennon

 “If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything.”
― Malcolm X

 “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
― Albert Einstein

 “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.”
― Oscar Wilde

 “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
― Mark Twain

 “A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
― Steve Martin

 “That which does not kill us makes us stronger.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche

 “I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.”
― Albert Einstein

 “I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison

I hope you've enjoyed these words of wisdom. Happy Thursday!

11 comments:

  1. Truly inspiration! Thanks. These made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I'm a big fan of quotes like these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Quotes Michael, my favourite is one I read some years back"Todays Gratitude Buys You Tomorrows Happiness",

    Thanks for your visit also purchasing my book I hope you enjoy some of the poems.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of them, and I'm totally addicted to quotes so it was a pleasure to read these. The Steve Martin quote cracked me up, very profound. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”
    ― Mahatma Gandhi

    Ah, my favorite quote in the world. Such sense. The hard part sometimes is just doing it. :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I needed to hear one of these---I stole it and put it as my FB status. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alex, so true!

    Mina, then my job here is done. :)

    Nicole, thanks!

    Yvonne, of course, I can't wait to read it.

    Julie, me too, I had to include it!

    Candilynn, I remember you had it on your Lucky 7 answers. It's a great one!

    Damyanti, glad I could help. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had trouble with Q, too. I almost did quotes, but decided on something a little different. Nice quote choices. =]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Donna, great minds think alike. :)

    Lindsay, yeah, Q was giving me a headache. But thanks, glad you liked my choices.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Dark City kit by StarLight Designs