Tuesday, April 24, 2012

"U" is for Unanimous

Unanimous in this case refers to Team Unanimous on The Celebrity Apprentice. Team Unanimous started out as the guy's team, but now that there are only a few members from each team left, The Donald has switched up team members to change the dynamic and stir up drama.

I really enjoy watching this show because there are interesting tasks, no shortage of drama, emotional moments, and quasi-celebrities fighting to raise money for their charities. I love that aspect of the show, which is why I like The Celebrity Apprentice over just The Apprentice. Each season, millions of dollars are raised for an assortment of charities. And you can see many of these celebs' personal connections to their charities. It's touching television. There should be more shows centered around giving back. The Celebrity Apprentice does it in a way that is quite entertaining, and my guilty-pleasure tooth can be satisfied with the comical drama between contestants, but at the end of the day, it is about raising money for charity.

Cable television could do with less Keeping Up With the Kardashians and derivatives thereof, and have more shows like The Celebrity Apprentice.

For this season, out of whom we have left, I want Clay Aiken to win.

11 comments:

  1. A good subject to write about, We get the Apprentice over here, have seen it a few times.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in France so I end up missing a lot of great shows. I remember the original Apprentice but this sounds so much more fun! Nice to 'meet' you!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog. Came by to visit from a to z challenge. U words were tricky, but folks have good choices. This has been fun. Come visit www.wordsplash-joannefaries.blogspot.com
    Enjoy the rest of the week

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched maybe an episode of this. The best part is when they hand over $ to the charities. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen a few seasons of the show and it is quite addictive. Nice post.

    From Diary of a Writer in Progress

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm, never been a big Apprentice fan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't watched this show, but I like the sound of it. I love hearing about the causes that celebrities back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't watched it lately, but if if forced to choose, I'd watch it a million times over the Kardashions

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never watched either Apprentice but, hopefully plenty of people tune in to the one you favor so that it will stay on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yvonne, Thanks again!

    Katie, nice to meet you, too! I so want to visit France one day.

    Joanne, thanks for stopping by!

    Mina, very true.

    Gina, it's one of my drama drugs.

    Nicole, oh well. :)

    Joy, sounds like you'd like it then.

    Alex, maybe next season.

    Amy, I agree wholeheartedly.

    Archna, fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Dark City kit by StarLight Designs