Wednesday, April 25, 2012

"W" is for Worrying

Worrying is a viscous action. It's like cancer cells multiplying exponentially. Worrying creates more worry, and on it goes in its vicious cycle--in its downward spiral. We all do it to some extend, some more than others. I'm probably guilty of being one of the latter.

In the theme of positive growth, I would like to leave you with the wisdom of Van Wilder with regards to worrying:
Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere.
Now that's great advice from an unlikely source.

I'm sorry, but I need to cut this short tonight so I can get to bed. I've been on here way too late the last few nights, and I was like a zombie at work today. I'll be sure to visit tomorrow. :) Thanks for understanding.

7 comments:

  1. I used to be a worrier, I admit I was worried when they found pre cancerous cells on my cervix but had them removed and I hope that is the end of that, but I once read why worry about something you have no control over or something that may never happen.

    Good W post.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I am definitely a worrier, though I am trying to work on not being one. Easier said than done! But you are right, it doesn't help anything.

    Allison (Geek Banter)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Worrying won't help a damn thing. Having faith is much more productive. I tend to do both, but strive for faith! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a recovering (and relapsing) worrier. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yvonne, that is so true. Thanks for sharing. :)

    Allison, Thanks!

    Mina, you said it!

    Nicole, I know the feeling.

    Alex, good call. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's like giving a small thing a big shadow.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Dark City kit by StarLight Designs