Thursday, April 5, 2012

"E" is for Energy

And where does energy come from? For me, it's coffee. I can't function in the morning without my first cup, which comes from years of conditioning and addiction. I worked in coffee shops for about 12 years, so it was to be expected. The first espresso drink I had was a Starbucks mocha when I was 18, and I hated it! It was too bitter. Then I went on to work for Starbucks for 9 years. Now, the mocha is too sweet! Haha.

It's Thursday; you've made it this far in the work week. Friday is almost upon us. I don't know about you, but Thursday is usually the day that I need a little extra energy, a little extra kick, a little extra coffee to get me through. By the time Friday falls into place I've got the natural energy from looking forward to the weekend. I love what I do (which I'll talk about later), but come on, it's the weekend we're talking about! It's when I have the most time to write. :) Happy Thursday, everyone, and "cheers" with a piping hot cup of morning joe!

9 comments:

  1. E-Energy is my post too,Love the Drink Coffee pic, that's funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sentiments exactly! Bring on the caffeine. Happy E post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like my coffee dark and bitter, I must admit. Thanks for dropping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one coffee in the morning but mostly drink water. We all need energy to complete this challenge so perhaps will increase my intake of coffee.
    Enjoyed your E word post.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm old enough to still remember when coffee only came in cans and tasted like...well, certainly not like Starbucks. Theirs was the first coffee I ever tasted that actually tasted as good as it smelled.

    It gives me indigestion but I'm a writer, dammit, and writers must make sacrifices. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. After reading my chai tea post, you know how I feel about coffee. (sigh) I also hated my first mocha and could only taste the coffee. Later I'd have to make the coffee really strong just to believe it was in there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never developed a taste for coffee. However, an energy drink usually starts my day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Coffee does it for me too! We have our own machine at home and buy coffee from a Greek guy from our local market, which is grown in Bundaberg, Queensland - it is fantastic, really fresh, no bitter taste! But, I still like to go out for coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cup of Tea is my pleasure but coffee does the job just was well :) After all, we are drinking for the effect, at least on Thursday. ;)
    Kate ~ Follow & Visiting A to Z: http://solidhappiness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Dark City kit by StarLight Designs