Wednesday, April 18, 2012

"P" is for Provex City is Finally Available in Paperback!

I've been waiting a long time for this. Many weeks, two proofs, and about 50 corrections later, and Provex City now has a physical book form. It is exclusively on Amazon, not yet linked up with the ebook...but it'll get there. Below I've posted the original sketch for the cover, which I liked a lot, but nothing compared to how blown away I was with the final product. I just wish I could get this artist to do the rest of my covers...but I won't get into that.


I won't ramble on too much about Provex City because I've discussed it in detail in earlier posts and there is a dedicated menu above on this blog, but I couldn't do another "P" post. Forgive me. For anyone not familiar, Provex City is my first novel, young adult fantasy, which I released only about a month ago in ebook format on Amazon. It is the first book in The Lorne Family Vault Series and a project I had been working on for almost three years. It was a hard decision to one day stop querying agents and commit to self-publishing. I was tired of waiting and wanted to continue telling my story. Now, I'm about 80% into my first draft of Book 2, writing before work and on my lunch breaks. My goal is to have it out by this fall.

I was so excited when the ebook came out, but the paperback makes it feel more real somehow. Holding a book with my name on it feels like victory and I know I want to keep writing for the rest of my life. No matter what I write in the future, Provex City will always be exceptionally special to me. It helps me believe anything is possible. Thanks, Mr. Gordon.

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Provew city deserved a print version ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome!!! Congratulations, and I wish you much success with the book and the ongoing series. It sounds excellent and I am putting Provex on my to-read list for sure.

    Congratulations again, just because it can't be said too many times. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I'm so excited for you. Congrats! It's hard work for sure. I'm tweeting about it now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!
    That reminds me I need to get the eBook version. Is it available in the iBookstore as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's still exclusive with Amazon. But there's an iPad app (or one for whatever you're using). If you're interested I can email you the kindle file for free. I'll download your first book tonight and start it as soon as I finish Prison Nation.

      Delete
  5. I know the feeling Michael, when my 2 books was actually in my hands after all the processes it has to go through. When my second book was published seeing Alex's name on the blurb was a great thrill for me. I too am on Amazon both .com and .co.uk

    Good luck you deserve it.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yvonne! I will check out your books. :-)

      Delete
  6. Congrats! What a big step for you - way to go! I like the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is truly awesome. Congratulations to having a real, tangible copy of your work!

    -Barb the French Bean

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Dark City kit by StarLight Designs